Friday, April 9, 2010

Here I go again

Once again, I have decided to take the plunge and try my luck at riding across the country. In 2008, I rode the southern transcontinental route starting in San Diego and finishing at Tybee Island, just outside of Savannah, GA. The ride was in September and took 26 days averaging 110 miles a day. I had a fantastic time. This cross country trek will be more difficult. It begins next month in San Diego, but the route is different ending in Williamsburg, VA. The ride will cover just over 3000 miles in 19 days. I'm not sure where my head was when I committed to this challenge, but with the support of a lot of friends, I decided to sign up.



I will do my best to comment and update the blog throughout the ride. Joy who blogged the 2008 ride will be helping me via text and voicemail when I'm unable or just too darned tired.



I want to thank all the NC Randonneurs (particularly Mike Dayton) who have pulled me through many brevets this winter and endured my whining in the cold. You guys are the best.



I'd like to also give a shout out to the sixth grade class at Mount Vernon School who will be following my travels across the country again this year. You are all AWESOME!



So in just 5 weeks, I'll be flying out to San Diego to begin another adventure. Let's ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment