Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 19 is DONE! Woo Hoo!

It's over. Hallelujah! We finished yesterday around 3:30. It was a nice day of riding. Everyone strolled the 141 miles from Orange to Williamsburg. This was by far the hardest thing I've ever done. There were many days I wasn't sure I'd be able to get through, but I perservered. My will is strong and I think that's what got me through. Plus the constant support and encouragement I got from all of you. The texts, phone calls and mail were awesome.

We had a farewell dinner last night. There was a slideshow followed by a presentation of plaques and awards. Those of us that rode every mile without being sagged are now RAAM qualified (Race Across America). A few of us qualified before so this made it double sweet (Randy from VA, Andrew from Australia and myself).

Now it's time to go home. I'll be leaving for Newport News soon to pick up my rental car and then bound for Raleigh. Hooray! Got to get off that 8,000 calorie a day diet starting today. I won't be riding mega miles for awhile.

More to follow.

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS LYNN-YOU R SUPER WOMAN IN MY BOOK! GET SOME REST AND RELAX AND COME NORTH FOR A VISIT TO BOSTON WHEN YOU RECOVER!
    KATHY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Lynn - what an awesome, incredbile experience and achievement. And thank you for blogging each day - I looked forward to reading it each and keeping track of your adventures. Cannot wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn--my hearty congratulations on what is a great accomplishment. Can't wait to see you on a ride and hear more stories.

    Jerry

    ReplyDelete