Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 1

Day 1 is done. 126 miles from San Diego to El Centro. We battled head winds and cross winds and some heat through the Yuha desert. Everyone took it easy today. Tomorrow will be the tough one. Breakfast in the parking lot at 3:00am and start the ride at 3:30 in order to get through the desert and cover the 220 miles from El Centro to Wickenburg AZ. It will be a long day.

I'm getting ready to get some supper. Walking somewhere with my roommate and her tandem partner. Not many choices for food in El Centro. There's a Denny's, Del Taco and KFC. Oh well. I also have a pbj sandwich and banana in case I get hungry later. We have to eat a lot to fuel ourselves for the back to back days of riding. I'm having trouble already eating enough.

I will try to post tomorrow, but if not it's only because I was too tired and late finishing the ride.

Thank you Mt Vernon School for your great cards. You're the best. Made my day when I finished. I'll try and get some pictures and post for you tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the support.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome work Lynn. I look forward to following your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Lynn. You're on the way, take it slow and easy and try to eat as you go, gels and liquid food with some solids. Then a good refuel meal after the ride. You'll do great!! Blay

    ReplyDelete