Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 11 - Pratt KS to Osage Beach MO

Day 11 was hard. A lot of suffering. The heat and humidity was off the charts and we had long rollers all day. Flying descents at 28 mph and then immediately climbing at 9 mph. Awful. My legs were shot by the time I finished. We covered 185miles. 177 miles on the cue sheet for day 12. I rode with Jon from IL on day 11. I don't think I could have finished without him. It was a tough day. By the end of the day I couldn't shift from my middle to big chain ring. I hit a rock in the road which blew out my front tire and sent me over the road, but I managed to maintain the bike without crashing. It's been a hard few days of mishaps.

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. You have no idea how much they help.

No comments:

Post a Comment