Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 16 - Greenville OH to Athens OH

Long hot and HUMID day of riding. Ended up being 172 miles. I rode with Jon. I felt bad he pulled most of the day. He said I was too small to get any draft. The rest stops were increased due to the heat so that we could refill our water bottles with ice and fluids. That was nice. From mile 125 on we had a lot of climbing. We rode through Hocking Hills which was quite hilly. The ride was pretty though. I didn't have my camera because of the weather prediction for rain showers. The last 4miles we finished on a bike path that ran along the Ohio University campus.

We rode through many small towns all decorated with flags for Memorial Day. We were hoping to happen upon a parade, but there were none to be found.

The next two days will be brutal. Tomorrow we ride from Athens to Elkins W VA. Lots of climbing. So much, I don't want to look at the cue sheet profile. Rumor has it, Wed will be worse.

Tonight I have my own room at the hotel. It's wonderful. Since one of the guys abandoned today, his room was available tonight. Too late to cancel the room so they gave Lara and I our own. First time I have watched television since the tour began. I don't know how to act.

Time for bed. Breakfast in the parking lot tomorrow at 5:30 and pull out at 6:00. Thanks again for the continued support via emails and texts. They are real pick me ups.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Job Lynn!!! You're getting so close now!!! Keep your head down and pedal!!
    Doug Rhodes

    ReplyDelete