Saturday, May 15, 2010

San Diego ride to the beach



I am here in San Diego. I arrived late yesterday and managed to get my bike reassembled just in time before going out to dinner with some of the crew and early rider arrivals. We had mexican which I imagine will be the food of choice over the next 19 days.

This morning we rode to the beach for a hearty breakfast. Looks good doesn't it? Too much for me to finish, but I gave it a good try. It's cloudy and overcast this morning with a temperature of 59 degrees. Where's the heat? I'm in California!

In a few minutes I will wander over to the parking lot and officially check in. After that I have time to relax until the rider's meeting at 3:30 and a banquet to follow at 5:00. Bed after that as tomorrow is the start of the "fun." We will ride from San Diego to El Centro. Day 2 will be the test starting at 3:00am in order to beat the heat and cover 220 miles. What have I signed up for?

2 comments:

  1. I am about to run 10 miles and you are about to go big with riding a few thousand! Eat lots of Mexican for me. its my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Lynn, hope you had a good first day!
    Stay strong and enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete