Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 5 Kayenta to Durango CO

Beautiful day of riding. Monument Valley was spectacular. Gorgeous views. I tried to take pictures while I was on the bike. I started off riding with Andrew the awesome aussie. He felt ill after lunch at mile 82.7 so I had to forge on solo for the next 50 miles. Luckily I managed to catch up to John, Jon and Randy at the Dairy Queen in Cortez and latched onto their wheels the remaining 44 miles. It was a hard day of riding with a lot of climbing. I think everyday is going to be a lot of climbing at this rate. We had a 9 mile 6% grade descent into Durango though. That was sweeeeet.

Tomorrow is a shorter day so hopefully I'll get in earlier. Thanks again everyone for the continued support. You guys are the best.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lynn,

    What is Andrew's last name? I think I may know him!!!

    ReplyDelete