Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 10 - Woo hoo!

9 more days to go. We're over halfway there. We rode from Pratt KS to Yates Center KS today. It was raining and windy this morning but miraculously it stopped raining at 6:30am just in time to start the ride. The roads were wet and sandy. There were multiple flat tires among the riders today. I'm not sure what the final tally was, but I figure it was at least 20. The vans were busy assisting riders on the side of the road all day. Fortunately I didn't flat, but I know my day is coming. Three miles into the ride my bike caught the edge of a RR track and I fell hard on my right side. Now I am symetrical with my bruising. I have a nice large bruise on my hip. I'm thankful I didn't break my collar bone. My derailler was shoved in so Lon got out his tools at the first rest stop 25 miles down the road. Lon can fix ANYTHING.

It was 177 miles day. Quite warm and sticky. I rode with Jon from IL this afternoon. When we arrived at the hotel this evening, the crew cleaned our bikes because of the dirt and muck from the roads. The elite crew is great. They do our laundry and now clean our bikes when it rains. Wonderful.

Sorry for the brevity of this entry. Must go to bed as tomorrow we ride to MO 185 miles and lots of big hills. I'm tired. Thanks again for all the support. You guys are GREAT!

1 comment: